Explico is seeking entry and senior level biomechanics engineers / scientists for our Tampa Bay office.
WHO WE ARE
Our Biomechanics practice analyzes injuries and reconstructs accidents involving vehicles, consumer products and the environment. We have vast experience in evaluating a variety of injurious scenarios:
- Motor vehicle collisions
- Frontal, rear, and side collisions
- Low-speed collisions
- Restraint use and effectiveness
- Helmet use and effectiveness
- Pedestrian impacts
- Construction site accidents
- Work place accidents
- Slips/trips and falls
- Rail yard accidents
- Occupational biomechanics evaluations
- Cumulative trauma injuries
- Infant head injury
- Sports-related injuries
Learn more about Biomechanics.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Explico is seeking entry level biomechanical engineers and scientists for our Tampa Bay office. The position will involve performing biomechanical analyses of real-world accidents in support of principal and managing level testifying engineers. Day-to-day activities will include:
- Detailed review/synthesis/summary of case-related materials in the form of photographs, video, physical evidence, testimony, and other descriptive documents
- Use of the state-of-the-art technology to collect data and evidence from the field
- Collection, review, and summary of relevant technical literature
- Performance of biomechanical calculations and simulation
- Execution of biomechanical testing and experimentation using Explico’s state of the art tools (motion capture, data acquisition, virtual reality, etc.)
- Communicate findings in written and oral presentation format both internally and to external clients
- Support managing and principal level engineers/scientists by assisting them in preparing for courtroom testimony
- Leverage Explico’s unique and state of the art visualization capabilities to create compelling and effective visual demonstratives for use at trial in the form of 3D models, animations, and custom interactive 3D applications (Virtual reality, augmented reality, and traditional 3D)
- Perform and publish independent research
- Pursue professional development and marketing opportunities with the purpose of becoming a principal-level testifying engineer
WHO YOU ARE
SUPER SMART AND SUPER CURIOUS
Math and science classes have always been easy (and enjoyable) for you, and you have the degrees and GPA to prove it. Beyond the classroom you are always finding ways to improve yourself. You read books on how to be more productive, you peruse YouTube when you need to fix something around the house. You have pursued research projects not because you had to but because of genuine curiosity.
MASTER COMMUNICATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Unlike your peers, you seek opportunities to get in front of a crowd and communicate your research findings. You have experienced “death by Power Point” and have made a solemn vow to never commit such a heinous act. You have written several published works and learned that writing is a skill developed by practice. In general, you consider yourself an excellent teacher and love designing and delivering an informative and compelling lecture.
You do not subscribe to the belief that technically proficient people can’t be “creative types.” While you are very good at math and sciences you also excel in creative endeavors. You enjoy applying your creative talents to coming up with new and innovative ways to solve problems. You are excited to work with Explico’s state of the art tools and find creative ways of applying them to the investigation of real-world accidents.
ORGANIZED AND ATTENTIVE TO DETAIL
You use tools to track your to-do’s and calendar appointments. You know the importance of time management when working against multiple deadlines. You focus on both the big picture AND the little picture. You use proper grammar and punctuation when communicating via various text-based methods. You are excited about a career that lets you work on numerous fast-paced projects simultaneously because you have the organizational skills to handle it.
You have never needed someone to “crack the whip." You are driven by accomplishment and creativity. You are willing to pay your dues and invest heavily in your own career and development. You fully acknowledge that developing a career in consulting doesn’t happen overnight and doesn’t happen with a 9 to 5 mentality. You want to be the primary variable in your own success and fully understand that success will only come through hard work combined with an environment that is completely supportive, flexible, and enabling.
Good teams make you better and you make good teams better. You have experienced the magic of participating in a real team setting and accomplishing something great. You find enjoyment and fulfilment in mentoring others. You want to work in a place where everyone is on the same team and celebrates each other’s successes and supports each other through failures.
WE THINK YOU’LL NEED
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- 0 to 2 years working in a biomechanical engineering capacity
- Bachelors, Masters, or PhD in mechanical or biomechanical engineering (Masters and PhD strongly preferred)
- Demonstrated track record of performing biomechanical related research (peer-reviewed publications)
- Successful passing of FE exam and/or PE license
- Comfortable in Mac OS X and Windows 10
- Microsoft Office
- Bonus if you have previous experience in:
- Software: MADYMO, Virtual CRASH, Faro SCENE, LS-DYNA, HyperMesh, Unity3D, Blender, PFTrack, Lightroom, Photoshop, LabVIEW, MATLAB, R, Shiny, Acrobat
- Programming: Python, C#
As a young and fast growing organization we are still building many of our systems. Everyone helps with all tasks (no matter how big or small). You’ll work with different types of scientists and engineers and all the leaders in the company. You will need to be adaptable as we continue to grow and learn.
We believe in taking care of our team at Explico. The culture within Explico is one of teamwork and mutual respect while having as much fun as possible as we pursue excellence in our craft. Our work is widely varied, never routine and always intellectually challenging. We provide competitive pay, bonus opportunities, paid time off (10 holidays, 15 vacation days, 10 sick days), 401(k) contributions, full healthcare coverage (medical, vision, and dental), life and disability insurance, and an educational assistance program. We would be happy to discuss our benefits further with you through the interview process.
Starting salary range for this position is $60,000 to $130,000 annually, depending on qualifications and experience.
This position is available at our Seattle area office.
Feel free to apply even if you don’t meet all the requirements above. We have high standards, but we’re willing to help you grow.
Who Should Apply
As a company we provide outstanding benefits, opportunities, and most importantly the autonomy-support and trust to forge a unique career path, but there is a significant requirement to join Explico's team. We expect tenacity from our team in their pursuit of excellence. As a company, we give 100% to the development, growth and wellbeing of our team and require the same effort in return. So, if you are looking for a place where you can clock in and out and "do your time," Explico is not for you. If you are looking for a place to push the envelope, where you are awarded with opportunities and challenges and a culture that supports individual and team growth, fill out the application at the bottom of this page. Maybe we can become a significant part of your overall story!
To apply, follow the step-by-step instructions in the application form below. To be considered, please do not disregard the video upload portion in which you address the three questions listed below.
1.) Tell us a little bit about you!
2.) What interests you most about this position?
3.) Tell us about a time you disagreed with someone.
To be considered, please follow the application instructions thoroughly. We look forward to learning more about you!
Start the application process below.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.