WHO WE ARE
Explico’s human factors practice provides services related to human performance and safety as applied to individual products or components as well as in systems of various sizes and levels of complexity. Our services include:
- Consumer product safety and hazard evaluation
- Vehicle/equipment/heavy machinery operator behavior analysis
- Visibility, conspicuity, low-illuminance scene assessment and documentation
- Analyzing visual perception, attention, perception-response time (PRT), decision making, and auditory perception during real-world situations
- Volunteer human testing
- Safety and risk analysis
- Safety and warning label assessment, design, and evaluation
- Incident analysis, testing, and reconstruction using VR and motion capture systems
Our professionals must have the necessary knowledge and experience to gather the important information and evidence, perform detailed calculations, and provide verbal and written results in a manner that gives clarity to a complicated problem.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Explico is seeking entry and senior level human factors scientists and engineers for our Detroit,Tampa Bay, Chicago, and Salt Lake offices. The position will involve performing human factors analyses of real-world accidents in support of managing and principal level testifying engineers. Day-to-day activities will include:
- Detailed review/synthesis/summary of case-related materials in the form of photographs, video, physical evidence, testimony, and other descriptive documents
- Use state-of-the-art technology to collect data and evidence from the field
- Collect, review and summarize relevant technical literature
- Perform engineering calculations and simulation
- Execute human factors testing and experimentation using Explico’s state of the art tools (motion capture, data acquisition, virtual reality, etc.)
- Conduct literature searches and summaries
- Communicate findings in written and oral presentation format both internally and to external clients
- Support managing and principal level engineers/scientists by assisting them in preparing for courtroom testimony
- Leverage Explico’s unique and state of the art visualization capabilities to create compelling and effective visual demonstratives for use at trial in the form of 3D models, animations, and custom interactive 3D applications (virtual reality, augmented reality, and traditional 3D)
- Perform and publish independent research
- Pursue professional development and marketing opportunities with the purpose of becoming a principal level testifying engineer
WHO YOU ARE
SUPER SMART AND SUPER CURIOUS
Math and science classes have always been easy (and enjoyable) for you, and you have the degrees and GPA to prove it. Beyond the classroom you are always finding ways to improve yourself. You read books on how to be more productive, you peruseYouTube when you need to fix something around the house. You have pursued research projects not because you had to, but because of genuine curiosity.
MASTER COMMUNICATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Unlike your peers, you seek opportunities to get in front of a crowd and communicate your research findings. You have experienced “death by Power Point” and have made a solemn vow to never commit such a heinous act. You have written several published works and learned that writing is a skill developed by practice. In general, you consider yourself an excellent teacher and love designing and delivering an informative and compelling lecture.
You do not subscribe to the belief that technically proficient people can’t be “creative types.”While you are very good at math and sciences you also excel in creative endeavors. You enjoy applying your creative talents to coming up with new and innovative ways to solve problems. You are excited to work with Explico’s state of the art tools and find creative ways of applying them to the investigation of real-world accidents.
ORGANIZED AND ATTENTIVE TO DETAIL
You use tools to track your to-do’s and calendar appointments. You know the importance of time management when working against multiple deadlines. You focus on both the big picture AND the little picture. You use proper grammar and punctuation when communicating via various text-based methods. You are excited about a career that lets you work on numerous fast-paced projects simultaneously because you have the organizational skills to handle it.
You have never needed someone to “crack the whip”. You are driven by accomplishment and creativity.You are willing to pay your dues and invest heavily in your own career and development. You fully acknowledge that developing a career in consulting doesn’t happen overnight and doesn’t happen with a 9 to 5 mentality. You want to be the primary variable in your own success and fully understand that success will only come through hard work combined with an environment that is completely supportive, flexible, and enabling.
Good teams make you better and you make good teams better. You have experienced the magic of participating in a real team setting and accomplishing something great. You find enjoyment and fulfilment in mentoring others. You want to work in a place where everyone is on the same team and celebrates each other’s successes and supports each other through failures.
TO APPLY PLEASE EMAIL YOUR C.V.TO RECRUITING@EXPLICO.COM WITH “HUMAN FACTORS CANDIDATE APPLICATION” IN THE SUBJECT.
Please be advised, we are not seeking candidates interested in hardware or software usability analysis.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Please note, Explicois only accepting applications from those who do not and will not in the future require sponsorship.