Explico is seeking a Field Technician.
Explico is seeking a field technician for our Tampa Bay office.
Who We Are
Explico is a scientific and engineering consulting firm specializing in collision reconstruction, biomechanics, human factors, transportation engineering, data analysis, mechanical failure analysis, and forensic visualization. We assist clients in understanding complex technical problems by:
1. Providing premium technical consulting services
2. Taking full advantage of modern, state-of-the-art tools
3. Effectively communicating findings directly to clients or in a courtroom setting
What You’ll Do
Explico is seeking a Field Technician, whose primary responsibilities will be to conduct technical on-site investigations, along with any required follow-up examinations, and report the findings to Explico staff members. The position is based in our Tampa Bay office but involves extensive field work in and around the state of Florida, with occasional travel elsewhere in the U.S. required. The anticipated mix of location is 80% in-field/20% in-office but will vary. Day-to-day activities will include:
- Inspect incident sites and work zones using a 3D scanner, surveying tools, digital cameras and other technical inspection equipment
- Inspect vehicles, buildings or other objects using a 3D scanner, surveying tools, digital cameras and other technical inspection equipment
- Document evidence
- Import data into technical software (AutoCAD, HVE, Reality, Scene and more)
- Report inspection findings to Explico staff
- Perform basic technical analysis at the direction of the Explico staff
- Maintain inspection equipment
- Other duties as assigned
Who You Are
Ideal candidates will have a mix of mechanical aptitude, computer proficiency, learning agility, and engineering knowledge.
Mechanically and technically inclined
You are drawn to hands-on work and state-of-the-art tools. Documenting a site using a 3D laser scanner, drone, and camera sounds like a fun morning to you. You should be willing and able to learn and apply new technical concepts.
A problem solver
You enjoy coming up with new and innovative ways to solve problems. You are excited to use Explico’s tools and find creative ways of applying them to the investigation of real-world accidents.
Attentive to detail, organized, and punctual
You notice and document details that others may miss. You focus on both the big picture AND the little picture. You keep track of your appointments and deadlines, and you show up on time.
An effective communicator
You are comfortable communicating with technical and non-technical individuals, whether written or verbally. You write and respond to emails making sure to clearly establish requests, responses to inquiries, and actionable items. You don’t hesitate to pick up the phone to get to the bottom of an issue.
We Think You’ll Need
- Associate’s Degree
- FAA Part 107 Drone License is a plus
- Experience with Lidar or 3D scanning tools is a plus
- Experience with AutoCAD and/or other technical software is a plus
- Proficiency with common business software (MS Office, Keynote and more)
- Willingness to travel with little notice within Florida and across the country
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to maneuver in, under, and around on-site crash vehicles
- Flawless driving record, or only minimal minor infractions
We believe in taking care of our team at Explico. The culture within Explico is one of teamwork and mutual respect while having as much fun as possible as we pursue excellence in our craft. Our work is widely varied, never routine and always intellectually challenging. We provide competitive pay, bonus opportunities, paid time off (10 holidays, 15 vacation days, 10 sick days), 401(k) contributions, full healthcare coverage (medical, vision, and dental), life and disability insurance, and an educational assistance program. We would be happy to discuss our benefits further with you through the interview process.
This position is available at our Tampa Bay office.
Feel free to apply even if you don’t meet all the requirements above. We have high standards, but we’re willing to help you grow.
Who Should Apply
As a company we provide outstanding benefits, opportunities, and most importantly the autonomy-support and trust to forge a unique career path, but there is a significant requirement to join Explico's team. We expect tenacity from our team in their pursuit of excellence. As a company, we give 100% to the development, growth and wellbeing of our team and require the same effort in return. So, if you are looking for a place where you can clock in and out and "do your time," Explico is not for you. If you are looking for a place to push the envelope, where you are awarded with opportunities and challenges and a culture that supports individual and team growth, fill out the application at the bottom of this page. Maybe we can become a significant part of your overall story!
To apply, follow the step-by-step instructions in the application form below. To be considered, please do not disregard the video upload portion in which you address the three questions listed below.
1.) Tell us a little bit about you!
2.) What interests you most about this position?
3.) Tell us about a time you disagreed with someone.
To be considered, please follow the application instructions thoroughly. We look forward to learning more about you!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.