WHO WE ARE
Explico’s Collision Reconstruction practice is growing and provides services related to determining the precise series of events that occurred prior to, during, and after a vehicle collision.
Our professionals must have the necessary knowledge and experience to gather the important information and evidence, perform detailed calculations, and provide verbal and written results in a manner that gives clarity to a complicated scenario. Below are examples of collision types that Explico Engineering has analyzed:
- Passenger vehicles
- Commercial vehicles (garbage truck, school bus, tractor-trailer, etc.)
- Motorized wheelchairs
- Off-Road vehicles
- Unidentified or hit and run vehicles
- Event data recorder interpretation for passenger and commercial vehicles
- Advanced three-dimensional computer simulations of collisions
- Site inspections
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We are seeking applicants for Collision Reconstructionist/Engineer positions in our Metro Detroit office (Novi, MI). Successful candidates will possess hands-on mechanical aptitude, experience in and around automobiles, and a high degree of creative problem solving ability.
The positions involve both in-office and out-of-office field investigations. Field work includes visiting and surveying crash sites, evaluating work zones, conducting vehicle inspections, documenting evidence, and interpreting damage patterns. In-office work includes analyzing and assisting in motor vehicle collision reconstructions, conducting background analyses, assisting with case summaries and reports, documenting incident scenarios, and analyzing event data in relation to traffic incidents/crashes. Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate (both orally and written) is critical to a candidate’s success.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Managing projects with special care and attention related to customer service and budget
- All other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITIONS INCLUDE:
- M.S. in Civil, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must be willing to travel with little notice within Michigan and across the country
- Must be able to maneuver in, under, and around on-site crash vehicles
- Must have experience in CAD-based programs
To apply, follow the step-by-step instructions in the application form below. To be considered, please do not disregard the video upload portion in which you address the three questions listed below.
1.) Tell us a little bit about you!
2.) What interests you most about this position?
3.) Tell us about a time you disagreed with someone.
To be considered, please follow the application instructions thoroughly. We look forward to learning more about you!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.