Explico is seeking Collision Reconstruction professionals for its Metro Detroit office
Explico (eks-plí-cō) is a Latin word, which means to unfold, unfurl, disentangle, and solve. At Explico Engineering, we strive to embody the meaning of this word through the detailed investigation of complex scenarios.
We’re a scientific and engineering consulting firm specializing in collision reconstruction, biomechanics, human factors, transportation engineering, and mechanical failure analysis. We assist clients in understanding complex technical problems by:
- Providing premium technical consulting service
- Taking full advantage of modern, state-of-the-art tools
- Effectively communicating findings directly to clients or in a courtroom setting
The type of work is widely varied, never routine and always intellectually challenging. Our senior partners have more than 50 years of combined professional experience and are dedicated to growing the business. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including continuing education funding and potential performance bonuses. For engineers with strong technical proficiency and high motivation to excel, Explico Engineering offers unlimited room for growth and development.
About our Collision reconstruction Practice:
Explico’s Collision Reconstruction practice is growing and provides services related to determining the precise series of events that occurred prior to, during, and after a vehicle collision.
Our professionals must have the necessary knowledge and experience to gather the important information and evidence, perform detailed calculations, and provide verbal and written results in a manner that gives clarity to a complicated scenario. Below are examples of collision types that Explico Engineering has analyzed:
- Passenger vehicles
- Commercial vehicles (garbage truck, school bus, tractor-trailer, etc.)
- Motorized wheelchairs
- Off-Road vehicles
- Unidentified or hit and run vehicles
- Event data recorder interpretation for passenger and commercial vehicles
- Advanced three-dimensional computer simulations of collisions
- Site inspections
About the Positions:
We are seeking applicants for Collision Reconstructionist / Engineer positions in our Metro Detroit office (Novi, MI). Successful candidates will possess hands-on mechanical aptitude, experience in and around automobiles, and a high degree of creative problem solving ability.
The positions involve both in-office and out-of-office field investigations. Field work includes visiting and surveying crash sites, evaluating work zones, conducting vehicle inspections, documenting evidence, and interpreting damage patterns. In-office work includes analyzing and assisting in motor vehicle collision reconstructions, conducting background analyses, assisting with case summaries and reports, documenting incident scenarios, and analyzing event data in relation to traffic incidents/crashes. Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate (both orally and written) is critical to a candidate’s success.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Managing projects with special care and attention related to customer service and budget
- All other duties as assigned
Qualifications for the positions include:
- M.S. in Civil, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must be willing to travel with little notice within Michigan and across the country
- Must be able to maneuver in, under and around on-site crash vehicles
- Must have experience in CAD-based programs